Board Members

Hello,

As people start using this site, they may be wondering, like me, who are the Board Members of The Orchards?  I thought it would be a good idea to create a new Post and ask those of you who are on the Board to chime in and introduce yourselves.  If you could just give us your name, how long you’ve been a member and anything else you would like to include – it will be much appreciated!

Chris

Related Tags: [ ]

11 Responses to “Board Members”

1. Robert says:

Good morning all,

Now I must say that if the community doesn’t know who the board members are, that means they haven’t attended the annual meeting. I understand things come up, but the fact that the meeting is so poorly attended is something that must addressed. Hopefully a site like this will aid in that effort. But I digress….

My name is Robert Banagay and I am just beginning my second year (2 year term) as a board member.

Serving on our board has proven to be a pretty big job. While I know folks are frustrated about the “lack” of communication, trust me when I say that I don’t think any of us (board) realized what we were getting into and the time committment we would all be expected to make. Since the community assumed control last year, it’s been non stop work dealing with the day to day issues of the community as well as trying to get our arms around our roles as board members.

Our current board has a lot of really bright people with a lot of ideas for the community. But unfortunately ideas cost money and that is something that is in short supply these days. But we’ll continue to press forward.

Robert

2. chris says:

Robert,
    I completely agree with you about the fact that not very many people show up at the meetings. However, I thought this would be a good time for those who have just moved into the neighborhood to meet the Board members… a good time for us to associate your username on this blog with your real name, and I also understand that there may be a newly elected member.

Hopefully the more participation we get on this site, the more participation we will have at the meetings. Hopefully :)

Chris

3. Melissa says:

My name is Melissa, and I’m entering my second year on the board. I am the secretary and am looking forward to working with everyone as we move forward.

4. Travis says:

Hello,

My name is Travis, and I was your past Vice President and this is my 3rd year on the board. I also look forward to working with everyone in the community to make it a great place to live!

5. Jose says:

@ Chris,

I am a member of the board.

6. Jose says:

Chis,
    Sorry me previous message was short. Kids needed me. I am on the board, currently serving as the board President for what looks to be a very entertaining term. The current board is a groups of great individuals who are commeted to better the community. The most important thing to remember is that it will take time to make some changes for the better.

7. chris says:

Robert, Melissa, Travis and Jose – are you the only board members? (forgive me for asking – I should probably know… ).

Margo and I will be very much looking forward to the fun and exciting things the community will be doing in the future!!
    Thank you!

Chris

8. Travis says:

@ Chris
    We have another Board Member his name is Pete Staiti. He is presently the Vice-President.

9. Mark says:

My name is Mark, and I am the Chair of the Architectural Change Committee. I am also replacing Melissa on the Board after her resignation a few days ago. While I am sorry for the Board’s loss, I *am* looking forward to working with the rest of the Board to address the challenges facing our community. I will continue to serve on the ACC for the time being, pending a discussion with the Board about that.

10. chris says:

Hi Mark,
    Thank you for commenting! I’m not exactly sure what the ACC is or what it does… maybe you can elaborate? :)

11. Mark says:

When owners (or renters) want to make changes to anything outside their home (exterior walls of the home, the yard, landscaping, border fences, they are supposed to first complete a form which details the changes (the scope of the project), including colors, materials, design, drawings, elevations, and so on. The Architectural Change Committee (ACC) gets those forms, reviews the proposed project against the Design Guide, and verifies that the project will fit in with the character of the community.

For example, if you wanted to build a patio and patio cover and wanted to design it in a modern architectural style (lots of steel and glass), you would complete the form and submit it via fax or in person to CG’s office. CG would forward the form to the Committee, who would review the project. In all likelihood, the committee would return the project to you as “denied” because a steel-and-glass patio cover isn’t exactly in the same theme as the primary structures within the community.

The goal of the ACC is NOT to deny what people want to do. The Committee wants to find ways to say “yes”, and we will sometimes make recommendations or suggestions to keep the community’s style intact. “No” is only used as a last resort when a proposed project is designed in such a way that the Committee can’t make simple suggestions to get the project into our community’s style.

I hope that helps – but if you have additional questions, please let me know!